Work Package 4
Development and implementation of an adapted local MRV (monitoring & measurement, reporting and verification) system for land use, biodiversity, risk potential and biomass
What we want to achieve
Work Package 4 aims at the establishment of an adapted MRV system for the measurement of avoided CO2 emissions, as well as for the monitoring of biodiversity and land-use changes. Work Package 4 also includes the establishment of a data management system with the help of experience from an already concluded REDD project in Merang, especially in the fields of carbon inventory and monitoring land-use change.
What we do
- Implement Land Cover Change Analyses in selected districts
- Support the district administration in the development of a district wide reference level for CO2 emissions from deforestation and forest degradation
- Implement a carbon inventory
- Develop and implement a specific MRV system based on already conducted inventories, including biodiversity
- Establish a decentralized data management system
- Implement training and advanced training
How do we know we’ve achieved it
A LUC/LUCF Analysis and a carbon inventory for selected forest ecosystems has been made and an account of sustainably prevented CO2 emissions serves as a management tool for relevant forest areas. The authorities in the project region responsible for monitoring and reporting to the national GHG plan are in a position to collect data and report systematically.